What is it? I mean truly what is hope?
Here are some scriptures about hope I found...
Romans 5:4, "endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope."
Job 14:7, "There is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its shoots will not die."
Psalm 65:5, "You answer us in righteousness, with awe-inspiring works, God of our salvation, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the distant seas."
Romans 8:24-25, "Now in this hope we were saved, yet hope that is seen is not hope, because who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with patience."
Romans 15:4, "For whatever was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that we may have hope through endurance and through the encouragement from the Scriptures."
1 Corinthians 13:13, "Now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:7, "It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
Hebrews 3:6, "But Christ was faithful as a Son over His household. And we are that household if we hold on to the courage and the confidence of our hope."
Hebrews 6:19, "We have this hope as an anchor for our lives, safe and secure."
2 Corinthians 3:12, Psalm 31:24, 1 Peter 1:15, Psalm 43:5, Hosea 12:6, Job 11:18, and Psalm 62:5 are some other great verses about hope... and many others.
So what can I learn from these verses?....
- Endurance produces proven character which produces hope.
- Hope can't die... even if you lose hope it still exists.
- Hope isn't seen, it's hoping for things unseen.
- We have hope through endurance, and encouragement from the Scriptures.
- Hope will always remain.
- Love is hope.
- Jesus is the confidence of our hope.
- We have this hope as an anchor for our lives, safe and secure
- Hope is only found in Jesus. No matter where we look for it... it's only in Him.
Never lose hope... it's found in Jesus.