Tuesday, August 7, 2018

A Contradicting World



We live in a world of contradictions.
Think about it. Our world says one thing and then goes and says another.


The world says you're beautiful, then tells you how to lose weight and look beautiful.

The world says be yourself, then tells you how to live.

The world promotes being real, while putting on a fake mask.

The world says that life matters yet millions of babies have been aborted.

The world says you can make your own choices, but scorns Christianity.


But think about it even more. How often do we contradict ourselves?


We tell people to open up and share what they're going through, but we hide it all inside.

We say that we're a follower of Jesus, then we go do something contrary to God's Word.

We say that our words have impact, but throw them out carelessly.

We tell people to pray and read the Bible, but Monday through Saturday we don't do those two things.


How does any of that make sense? I'm not going to go into all of that, instead I want to emphasize another point.
God never contradicts Himself. His Word is never contradicting. 

I find that thought very comforting.

Our world is contradicting, but God never contradicts Himself.

Our world is ever changing, but Jesus is the same forever.

Our world is full of lies and deceit, but Jesus is truth.


I find those truths very comforting.

Hebrews 13:8, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."

John 14:6, "Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Matthew 24:35, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away."


This post isn't as long as most, but I want to encourage you with this fact: Jesus is the same forever. He will never change. He will never say a lie and always speaks truth. His Word is never contradicting. In our chaotic world, cling to Him.

8 comments:

  1. So so true! It is very comforting to know that God never changes, even when the world around us is changing so quickly.
    Thank you for this reminder!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, God never changes. It doesn’t matter what happens or how much the world changes, He remains the same.
      Thanks for commenting, Brooklyne!

      Delete
  2. Amen. That's so accurate - our world is a confusing place. It makes me thankful we have the Bible to explain things too! Thanks for this encouragement. May the contradictions of life around us draw us closer to Him! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! People ask questions all the time like “how did the world begin” “what am I here for” and we have the answers in the Bible!
      Yes, may it all bring us closer to Him.
      Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  3. That's such a comforting truth that I've never really thought about. Our world is so contradicting--even us! Nice post, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn’t even really thought about it much before writing this post, either. God just kinda brought this to my mind I guess.
      Thanks for commenting, Mallory! :)

      Delete
  4. Wowww Sarah! This is so deep--your words are so raw and beautiful! I can tell it took a lot of thought and I feel like I can see God so vibrantly through your writing! Thanks for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cori! That means so much! Actually, I remember when I wrote this I was going through ideas about what to write and this came to mind. I began typing and God just took over! :)

      Delete