Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Back to the Light: A poem



I don't know what I'm supposed to do now,

it seems like everything has tumbled down.

The darkness around feels so thick,

I don't know if I can reach through it.


I can't get through this dark on my own,

but out here I feel so alone.

It seems that I'm falling down so fast,

I don't know how I'm going to last.


But then I feel a helping hand,

You help me up, You help me land.

It's hard to push through,

but I'm ready for something new.


There's nothing yet in sight,

but You're leading me back to the light.

You lead me back to life in You.

There's nothing You can't do.

You show me there's an end in sight,

You lead me back to the light.

----

There are so many things in this world that draw us in. Sometimes we wander into the darkness and it feels safe there. But that's false security. Jesus can lead us back to the light, back to Himself.

Besides sin, there are other forms of darkness. Depression can seem like a thick darkness you can't pick yourself out of. Fear sucks you in. Anxiety spirals your brain into an endless cycle. There seems to be no end in sight. But Jesus is still there with you and He brings light to the darkness. I'm not saying your depression, anxiety, or fears will magically go away - everything is a process. What I am saying is that He's still with you through it.


2 Corinthians 12:8-10, "Concerning this, I pleaded with the Lord three times that it would leave me.  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness.”
Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may reside in me.  So I take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and in difficulties, for the sake of Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong."


Psalm 18:28, "Lord, you light my lamp; my God illuminates my darkness."

2 comments: