Tuesday, April 9, 2019

“Let me see Your glory”


Throughout the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy we get a glimpse at the relationship between God and Moses.

Deuteronomy 34:10 says, "No prophet has arisen again in Israel like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face."

"Whom the Lord knew face to face".... wow. Their relationship reminds me of Enoch and how he walked with God (Genesis 5:24).

One of my favorite passages in scripture is a conversation between God and Moses and I love what Moses says...

Exodus 33:18, “Then Moses said, ‘Please, let me see Your glory.”

“Please, let me see Your glory.” .....So often when we pray we get caught up in all the requests running through our minds that we don’t really think about Who we’re praying to. When’s the last time you prayed something similar to what Moses prayed? That question is pretty convicting to me. Sometimes I get so focused on seeking what God wants me to do that I forget to seek God.

Moses was focused on what mattered. He had his priorities straight. In that moment the only thing that was on his mind was that he was in the presence of God and he longed for more of Him. Moses could've kept questioning the Lord about the Israelites, he could've just complained, he could've asked more questions. But no. He had one request.... to see God's glory.

When we get a glimpse of God's glory we're going to long for more.

Psalm 63:2, "So I gaze on you in the sanctuary to see your strength and your glory."

Psalm 27:4, 8, “I have asked one thing from the Lord; it is what I desire: to dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, gazing on the beauty of the Lord and seeking Him in His temple.... My heart says this about You: ‘Seek His face’. Lord, I will seek Your face.”

I love those verses!

When did we forget to seek the Lord? Not just seeking His will, what He can do for us.... just to seek His face. When did we stop looking at His glory and try to claim all the glory for ourselves?

Psalm 29:9, "The voice of the Lord makes the deer give birth and strips the woodlands bare. In his temple all cry, "Glory!""

When we see His glory we want to give Him glory.

Let's glorify His name!

Psalm 57:11, "God, be exalted above the heavens; let your glory be over the whole earth."

~~~


Here's a link to a beautiful song called Nothing Else by Cody Carnes (click here to listen to it). It talks about simply sitting in God's presence, worshiping Him. I highly recommend listening to it.

What's one of your favorite passages from the Bible? What's something about God and Moses' relationship that stands out to you? Any other thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. When we see His glory we want to give Him glor <--- so good Sarah and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sometimes I get so focused on seeking what God wants me to do that I forget to seek God."

    WOOWWW. This was amazing. So convicting. <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very convicting for me to write.
      Thank you, Faith! <3

      Delete
  3. Love this! Often I just pause and look at the sunrise/sunset...and I just bask in the glow of His creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that picture "bask in the glow of His creation".
      God shines His glory through His creations and the things He's created are simply amazing!

      Delete