Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Self throne


So we have all sat on a "self throne".
We only get off if we let God take control of our lives. 

When we accept Jesus into our hearts then He takes over, but sometimes we still want to be in control.

.......................................

 I realized that I was still trying to be in control. It was all about me. Sarah first. But I knew that I'm not supposed to be selfish. 
Sometimes we struggle with things, but we don't even realize we do (but that's for another blog).

Matthew 20:16 says,  “So the last will be first, and the first last.”

So Jesus tells us to be selfless. Not be selfish. That can be hard. But Jesus not only tells us to be humble and selfless, He showed it through His actions (John 13:1-17).

J.O.Y
Jesus first, others second, yourself last.

........................................

So remember, put God first. Be selfless. Let God take over your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment