Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Things I've learned....

Last week I went with my youth group to a youth camp called "Global". I wanted to share some things I learned from it (or was reminded of)....

One thing about Global youth camp is that you are going to be moved out of your comfort zone. And that's a good thing. I went with my youth group, but there were other youth groups and I was able to talk to other people and make new friends, which was great :).

We were in the Word of God multiple times and it felt so good to be deep in God's Word. It's important to be in Bible daily.

Also, communication is important. Never bottle up what you're going through. We talked about how important having a "fox hole" friend is. During the war soldiers would dig small holes, smaller than a trench, called fox holes. They would get in and there was enough roll to fit two people. One would face one way and the other facing the opposite way. They did that so you wouldn't get shot. It's the same in real life. We are in a war. A spiritual unseen war. You need someone to have your back, to pray with, talk to, and encourage each other.

Prayer is powerful. It is powerful and we need to pray big.

The pastor who spoke said something like if you can understand God then your God is too small. God is bigger and greater than we can imagine. He parted the Red Sea, gave the blind man sight, and raised the dead to life. He can and wants to do big things. We just need to ask Him. He is a God of the impossible.



These things are only a small part of what I learned. I'll go into more depth over the next few weeks as well.

~~~

Have you ever been to Global? What was your experience like? Do you have a fox hole friend? Do you bottle everything up or pray about it? Do you talk to God regularly? Are you in God's Word daily? 

Feel free to comment your answer(s) below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment