Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Living is Christ....




Last Saturday night I was lying in bed awake, I couldn't fall asleep. As usual I had a million thoughts running through my brain and a question came to mind. I've thought about this question before...

What if someone told you that you had one year to live?

I started thinking about how I would be joyful all the time and share Jesus to random people and just live each day to the fullest among other things.
But then another thought occurred to me.

Why am I not living that way now?

We aren't promised tomorrow... that phrase is used a lot and after a while it loses what it takes to make me think about it. But for some reason the question about living just one more year really got me thinking. But then the question why I'm not living that way now really convicted me.

In Philippians 1:21 Paul says, "For me living is Christ and dying is gain."
Paul got the real picture. The thing is, while here on earth we get to bring glory to God's great Name, and if we die and we have confessed Jesus as our Lord and Savior then we get to go to heaven to spend time in His glory.

It's not about dwelling on the fact about us dying. It's about dwelling on the question how are we going to live each day knowing we will die one day.
I'm not trying to be morbid here, but these are facts we need to face. We aren't promised tomorrow, or next week, or a year.

How are we living our lives? Are we living with eternity in view? Because this world and it's things are temporary.

Matthew 6:19-21 says, "Don’t collect for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal. But collect for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves don’t break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Philippians 1:27, "Just one thing: Live your life in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ."

We are to live each day, each moment, for what it's worth. We are to live in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. There are so many ways we can live for Him in our day to day lives.

So let's live for Christ today.

~~~

How are you living each day? What would you do if you had one year to live? Are you living that way now? Are you living with eternity in view? Are you living your life in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ? Are you living each moment for Him?

These questions have really convicted me... so really think about them. Examine your own life.

Live for Him. :)

6 comments:

  1. Aaaahhhh, Sarah, this is absolutely gorgeous, and so, so true. Thank you for this beautiful reminder, and really making me stop and think.
    ~Mira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *points up* it's all Him. Thank you for reading :). When it comes to Jesus He always gives me something to stop and think about.... and if I don't He keeps reminding me.
      Shine His light

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting! ♥♥♥

    (bethinboots.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've been thinking about these questions too! Time is short, eternity is forever - why aren't I living like I believe it?! Thanks for this wake up call, Sarah. I think it's something we all need to consider deeply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, time is short and eternity is forever.... yet so often we don't live like it. God has laid this on my heart and it's something we all need to consider deeply.
      Thanks for reading! :) Shine His light

      Delete