Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Jesus Paid it All




This past Sunday God convicted me about something in my life.

In church some of the songs were about Jesus breaking chains, about Him still loving me, that He is for me, and that He paid it all.

In the sermon it was mentioned how we aren't to turn back to our past, that we are to forget our sins because they have been covered by Jesus's blood.

I was convicted. I realized... as I have before... that I've still held on to chains that used to bind me. That I've held onto past sins. That I haven't surrendered it all to Jesus.

But then as the song lyrics reminded me, Jesus still loves me. He is for me. No matter my sins, no matter the dirty parts of me, no matter what I've done, He still loves me.

And I was also reminded that I can't cleanse myself. Only Jesus can.

1 John 1:7, "But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin."

Jesus has forgiven me.

Matthew 26:28, "For this is My blood that establishes the covenant; it is shed for many for the forgiveness of sins."

Jesus has broken your chains, He still loves you, He is for you. No matter your sins, no matter the dirty parts of you, no matter what you've done, He still loves you. He has forgiven you.


Do you hold on to past sins? Do you still cling to chains that bound you? Have you surrendered everything to Jesus? Laid it at His feet?

Let's surrender everything to Jesus.

After church on Sunday I wrote down all the sins I could think of that I've committed. Then I wrote in big letters across it COVERED BY JESUS' BLOOD. Then, as I torn the paper to small pieces, I confessed to God. I confessed more sins I thought of. I laid it at Jesus' feet.

It's hard to surrender. To surrender everything. It's hard to remember God still loves us. That He cares about it. But know that He does.

Remember, if you've surrendered to Jesus and accepted Him into your heart... then you're FREE. Free from the bondage of sin, from the chains of slavery, from the darkness that holds tight.
So don't try to hold on. Let it all go.

Let's give it to God and let go. Let's live for God today.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this Sarah! I find it easy to pray give everything to God, get of my knees pick up my burden and struggle on. This was God sent reminder to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouraging comment! Comments like these brighten my day :).
      Thank you for reading

      Delete