Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Every Moment Matters




I've tried to write a blog post so many times over the past few months. After my last post I honestly didn't think I'd post again. The words I wrote never felt right and I didn't feel like I had anything else to say.

Looking back, I know that's not true. I'm still a vessel for God to use, and writing is something I've used to glorify Him and I still want to do that through blogging. It just wasn't the right time when I tried before.

I'm at a weird stage of my life right now. It's a strange season of waiting and some struggling, yet hopefully growing in the process. 

I was reading in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 today and there were several verses that stuck out to me, some of which I hadn't really noticed before.


Verse 2 "... a time to plant and a time to uproot;"

Verse 3 "a time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance;"


Other verses talk about a time to heal, a time to search and a time to count as lost, a time to be silent and a time to speak.

Every moment in our lives matters. Every season in our lives matter. And honestly? It doesn't always feel that way. Sometimes we feel like we're waiting for no reason, stuck in the in between. Or sometimes we feel like we're being tossed in the waves, struggling but not going anywhere.

But the truth is, everything has a purpose. We may not see it on this side of eternity, but it all matters in some way.

And we fail, we give into temptation, we sin, we doubt, we float in the waves and crash on the rocks sometimes. But we can get up and try again. 

We can't do this on our own. Life sucks sometimes and feels awful. Anxiety, moving from one place to another, depression, loss of loved ones, struggling in friendships, loneliness... we all feel some of these things at times or struggle with them. But God is always with us.

The other day I was flipping through the Psalms and read over Psalm 139. It's a pretty well known passage and often quoted. 

Psalm 139:9-10, "If I live at the eastern horizon or settle at the western limits, even there your hand will lead me; your right hand will hold onto me."

God is everywhere and He sees us. If you have a relationship with Jesus, He will lead you and guide you, He'll hold onto you. 

I gotta admit, sometimes - a lot of the time- it's hard to understand why God allows suffering to occur. We wonder and scream at the heavens why the world is so messed up and why He doesn't intervene. I don't have the answers, not really. I know that things happen for a reason, even if we can't always see the reason. I know that we live in a broken world and so many things happen as a result of that. And I know that no matter what God is good.

Psalm 136:1, "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His faithful love endures forever."

A couple of main points to sum up this post:

  • There's a time and season for everything. Every moment matters.
  • We may not understand on this side of eternity and we don't have to have all the answers, though it's okay to ask questions.
  • We need God every minute of every hour and He is always there, even if we don't always see it.
  • God is still good no matter what. 


This season of my life right now? It's a time to uproot and a time to wait. It's a time of both weeping and laughter. It's a time of struggling and yet also a time for growth. It's hard to remember sometimes, but there is a purpose in it all. 

God has a plan, even if we don't see it at the moment,


~~

I don't know where this blogging thing is going to go. Maybe I'll post a couple more times or maybe I'll keep posting for years. What I do know is that I want to be available for God to use, for Him to speak through me.


Psalm 139:16 says, "Your eyes saw me when I was formless; all my days were written in your book and planned before a single one of them began."

2 comments: