Friday, June 2, 2017

Letting Go



It occurred to me the other day that although we think we have let go... there are still things we hold onto.

It's hard to let go... sometimes we don't even realize we are. But I have a question for you, and be honest with yourself: What are you afraid of?

It's hard to let go of fear... we might be afraid of snakes, spiders (I do NOT like spiders). robbers. murderers, death... fear shows we aren't trusting God.

I'm not condemning you... I am afraid all the time, it's hard to break a habit we've had since birth.

But if we trust God, we let go of our fears. Because if we look ahead, and if you're truly saved, then if we die we will be with Jesus. There is nothing to be afraid of.

Matthew 10:28, "Don’t fear those who kill the body but are not able to kill the soul; rather, fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

When we fear then we are holding on. For instance: I realized recently that I have been scared to death if one of my family members died. But I also realized I was holding onto them. I love them, but I know that if something happened to them - or to me - we would be with Jesus and see each other on the other side,

So I surrendered.

Surrender is hard, because it's completely laying yourself and what you're holding onto in God's hands.

~~~

Maybe you aren't afraid of things like that... are you afraid of expressing yourself? Of being who God has made you to become? Are you afraid of what others will think of you? Are you afraid of not being who God has made you to become?

These are hard questions to answer... and honestly right now I'm in the process of completely letting go (every time I think I have then God shows me something else). Take your time to search inside, pray.

But let me tell you this truth :::::: In Christ you have been made FREE. REDEEMED. Your CHAINS HAVE BEEN BROKEN. We have a freedom in Jesus Christ that a lot of the time we don't embrace.

But we are FREE in CHRIST JESUS. In Him we can let go.

Are you letting go? Surrendering your all?

~~~

Before I even wrote this then God laid on my heart to write something expressing what I was feeling. So I wrote a poem entitled 'I Can Because of You'. The first few lines are about how I want to be free, ect., .... then a few lines about how I'm free because of Christ. The last part is about how now I can be free... because of Jesus.

Here are a few of those last lines...

"I can dance around,
Not caring if I fall on the ground.
I can let my hair fly proudly.
I can sing loudly,
Not caring if I sing off key.
I can be wild and free.
I can because of You.
I’m letting go.
In the wind my fears, doubts, and worries blow.
I’m releasing it all.
I know sometimes I’ll fall.
But I know You will be with me.
Even if You are all I see,
That’s okay with me.
I can because of You."


It's time to let go.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Sarah! It reminds me of a sermon that my family watched recently by Francis Chan called "Lukewarm and Lovin' It". So often we call ourselves Christians but aren't willing to let go of certain things in our life. Are we willing to give up our families, comforts, and passions for Christ? It's so hard, and fear definitely is one thing that cripples us (me!) most. But in the end it is so worth it to surrender ourselves to the One Who loves us. ♥ Thank you for the encouragement to surrender all to Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! What you said is very true... we aren't willing to let go a lot of the time. I love the song "One Thing" by Tenth Avenue North and it says how even if Jesus is all we have then we have all we need. Jesus Christ is all we need and I think a lot of the time we forget that.
      Sometimes we just need to ask ourselves if Jesus is worth our all.
      We have to truly let go to grow.

      Delete