Tuesday, January 30, 2018

All In


1 Peter 5:7, "casting all your care on Him, because He cares about you."

I am a planner. This is something I've learned about myself. I like to have checkout lists and know what I'm going to be doing. I like to plan out my day beforehand.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

If I have to do something I want to detailed plan or someone to tell me exactly what to do. It's the same with my Christian life. I want a plan for what's going to happen, I want to know exactly what to say to someone when talking about Jesus. But life doesn't go according to plan. I can't plan out everything. I can't control everything.

Recently I just felt really burdened. I felt like I carried the wait of the world on my shoulders. Because sometimes I try to put my life in God's hands, but then I try to look over His shoulder and try to tell Him what to do. But the thing is I don't need to do that. And His plans are greater than I can imagine, what He has in store for me is beyond what I could ever plan for myself.

I've been asked by several people what my word of the year is. I'm still not completely sure. I guess I don't want to commit to one word... I'm probably going to end up with a few :). But I think that God has been laying the word all on my heart. It's so powerful, it's giving my all to Jesus. To be honest it scares me to give my all to something or someone, it's hard for me to commit usually. But the Bible makes it clear that we can't be halfhearted Christians. Jesus asks for all of us.

Mark 10:21, "Then, looking at him, Jesus loved him and said to him, “You lack one thing: Go, sell all you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”"

Jesus was talking to a rich young ruler here, He knew that his riches were holding him back so He told him to sell all he had and give it to the poor. He wants all of us.

Matthew 22:37, "He said to him, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind."

Love God with all your heart, soul, and mind. With your all.

I'm still learning what it means to completely surrender, to give my all. I'm far from it. But slowly God is showing me how. I want to be all in, not partly.


I realize that this post was kind of scattered, but here's what ties it up:
We need to cast our cares on Him. Surrender all of us to Him. And live for Him with all of us.

~~~

There's a great song by Finding Favor that kept coming to mind when I was thinking about it, actually I'm listening to it while writing this. It's called Cast My Cares.





Psalm 55:22, "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you;"

8 comments:

  1. This was very encouraging to read, Sarah. It is really hard to trust with all of our hearts, even though we know God's ways are perfect. Still, I'm glad He gives us more grace and strength as time goes on to cast everything on Him! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily for your kind words :). It’s really hard to trust Him with ALL of us, even though His ways are perfect. Yes, we’re blessed that He gives us grace and strength as time goes on, and He helps us to cast everything on Him. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely. <3 I love the white and clean feel to your blog, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surrender is something that is usually hard for me, because it's not just a one-time thing. I have to surrender myself every single day, sometimes every hour. I really enjoyed reading this. :) I love Mark 10:21!!! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surrender is really hard... it’s hard to give all of your life to something or someone, even though God created us all and holds the world in His hands. Mark 10:21 is a great verse :). Thanks for sharing your thoughts Paige!

      Delete
  4. I consider myself a planner, too. As one blogger talking with another, I'm curious how that relates to your blogging schedule. Do you always plan each post in advance? Do you find that structure helpful, or do you ever come to writing a post and feel that you no longer feel inspired as you did when you first planned it? Do you ever write a spontaneous post? What are your thoughts?

    I've recently been reminded that the plans of the heart belong to humans - I think we can safely accept dreams from the Lord. BUT it is He who establishes the plans of those who commit them to Him, according to Proverbs 16:1, 3.

    May the Lord patiently teach us how to submit to Him as planners. Thanks for posting, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to have a couple of posts prewritten in case I don’t have anything to post that day. I usually have more structure when I’m doing a blog series but feel more freedom when I do whatever God has laid on my heart. Yes, sometimes I write spontaneous posts like the one I wrote today, Renew. Sometimes structure can help me stay organized but I have to have make sure I’m writing from the heart and what God has enstore for me to post. What about you?
      Those are verses we should take to heart... we have our own plans, and while there isn’t anything wrong with that, we need to be open for God to work.
      Yes! May God help us to submit to Him, including our plans!
      Thanks for sharing your thoughts Jordy :).

      Delete