Wednesday, May 23, 2018

He is Worthy of Praise!




God is so amazing. Tonight we had a night of worship at my church and honestly it was one of the most genuine worship times I've had with the Lord in a while. God has to remain me daily of His glory and majesty. I felt so full of the Spirit I wanted to just jump up and down. I was grinning the whole time, full of joy. Afterwards I did jump up and down some while talking to a friend about it - my friends are a bit used to my energy by now. I was just reminded of how great God is! God is worthy of praise and deserves ALL our praise.
Praise and worship is something I've thought about a lot and I know it's important, yet I neglect to do it so often. I can be filled with the Spirit as much tomorrow as I am today. The same God who did all those amazing things in the Bible is the same One who exists today and is with us.

Psalm 18:3, "I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I was saved from my enemies."
(I emphasized it)

Luke 19:40 is probably one of my favorite Bible verses now. I heard it again tonight and I was like yes! It says, "He answered, “I tell you, if they were to keep silent, the stones would cry out!”"
Wow! If we don't praise Him the rocks will cry out! He is so worthy of praise.

We can worship God is so many different ways - singing, music, writing, drawing, serving... through pretty much anything. One of my favorite ways is through singing. You don't have to be a great singer to praise Him through it.

Psalm 21:13 says, "Be exalted, Lord, in Your strength; we will sing and praise Your might."

No where in that verse says 'You have to sing great to praise Jesus'. Nope. It says that we will sing and praise His might.

On this earth we are on we get glimpses of God's glory. A duckling swimming with its brothers and sisters, a beautiful sunset over the ocean water, a gentle breeze through green treetops, a blue sky with white fluffy clouds... Think of one of the most beautiful sights you've ever seen. Even a quarter of God's majesty and glory is more than a hundred times greater than that. Can you even begin to imagine?!? No, we can't. Isaiah and John both got to see God in His glory and they tried to record it, but mere words can't do it justice - though it does give us another glimpse of His glory.

Isaiah 6:1-3, "In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a high and lofty throne, and His robe filled the temple. Seraphim were standing above Him; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another:
Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Hosts;
His glory fills the whole earth."

Wow!
 John goes into a bit more detail....

Revelation 4:1-8, "Immediately I was in the Spirit, and a throne was set there in heaven. One was seated on the throne, and the One seated looked like jasper and carnelian stone. A rainbow that looked like an emerald surrounded the throne. Around that throne were 24 thrones, and on the thrones sat 24 elders dressed in white clothes, with gold crowns on their heads. Flashes of lightning and rumblings of thunder came from the throne. Seven fiery torches were burning before the throne, which are the seven spirits of God. Something like a sea of glass, similar to crystal, was also before the throne. Four living creatures covered with eyes in front and in back were in the middle and around the throne. The first living creature was like a lion; the second living creature was like a calf; the third living creature had a face like a man; and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle. Each of the four living creatures had six wings; they were covered with eyes around and inside. Day and night they never stop, saying:
Holy, holy, holy,
Lord God, the Almighty,
who was, who is, and who is coming."

I encourage you to go look up that whole chapter in Revelation. Here's the link.
But there's something you have to understand about this passage. When John writes things like God seated on His throne looks like jasper and carnelian stone he doesn't mean literally. John tries to write what he sees - write something that is indescribable, too amazing for our human minds to even begin to imagine.

God is just so amazing. I keep using that word because I'm not even sure what words can give Him justice... non that I can think of can. He is beyond description and comprehension. So let's praise and worship Him who is worthy of praise!

Here are a few links to different great songs if you wanted to just listen and worship God through song right now.The Stand by Hillsong and Revelation Song by Kari Jobe  and Throne Room by Kim Walker-Smith and Fullness by Elevation Worship.


Revelation 5:13, "I heard every creature in heaven, on earth, under the earth, on the sea, and everything in them say: Blessing and honor and glory and dominion to the One seated on the throne, and to the Lamb, forever and ever!"


*** I know I'm a day late, to be honest I just had no idea what to write yesterday. I'll try to get back on track this coming Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. Yess I'm so with you!! I'm really missing real fellowship right now, singing together and worshiping together.(we don't have a real church right now) But that doesn't mean I can't praise Him at home! <33 Thanks for this!! And the Revelation song is so amazing, it's been my favorite since I was young!! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fellowship and worship are so important! And yes, we can praise Him anywhere! I love Revelation Song, it's so beautiful and powerful.
      Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Paige! :)

      Delete
  2. Reading this just makes me happy! There aren't really words for Him, are there? I find myself using "amazing" a lot, too!! How awesome He is. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, He's so awesome... and amazing ;). He is beyond words even though we try our best to describe Him - human words cannot begin to describe His glory or do it justice.
      Thanks for commenting, Mallory!

      Delete