Tuesday, May 29, 2018

It's Because of You

It’s because of You my chains fall.
Love, joy, peace, in You I find it all.
I want to let my hair run free.
To not care if anyone sees.
I want to jump, leap, and shout…
To be released of all doubt.
From You I ran,
but no more.
In You I can.
You are Lord.
I can dance around,
Not caring if I fall on the ground.
I can let my hair fly proudly.
I can sing loudly,
Not caring if I sing off key.
I can be wild and free.
I can because of You.
I’m letting go.
In the wind my fears, doubts, and worries blow.
I’m releasing it all.
I know sometimes I’ll fall.
But I know You will be with me.
Even if You are all I see,
That’s okay with me.
I can because of You.
I no longer have to hold back,
I can give it all and not lack,
Because I have You.
Nothing else even matters.
In You I am new.
I can because of You.
I can proclaim Your name.
I cannot be the same,
Because of the impact You’ve had on my life.
No longer am I captive to lies and strife.
I can shout of Your praise,
To You my arms will raise.
I have redemption,
And Your forgiveness that You mention.
I have all that I need,
In You. God, take the lead.
I can because of You.

~~~~~

Last March I wrote a post about Freedom in Christ and I wrote this poem probably around a year or more ago. To me this poem is a picture of a girl who is free in Christ and lives for Him. That's the girl I want to strive to be. We can have freedom in Christ.
Jesus was put in chains so that we could be set free; died so that we could live. We just have to accept His free gift of love.

Galatians 5:1, "Christ has liberated us to be free. Stand firm then and don’t submit again to a yoke of slavery. "

John 8:36, "Therefore, if the Son sets you free, you really will be free."

16 comments:

  1. Wow! Great poem! Thanks for sharing, Sarah!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful reminder! Amazing poem, Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way Sarah, I tagged you if you want to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mallory! Heading to your blog now :).

      Delete
  4. Amen! It is a beautiful picture of freedom! May we keep choosing to live in His freedom! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, may we choose to live in His freedom. Thanks for commenting, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  5. Yes, in Christ we have all we need! ♥ Those two last lines are beautiful. Thank you for sharing the words God gives you, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christ alone satisfies and He is all we need, yes. Thank you, Hosanna! Keep shining His light :).

      Delete